Starting a Fantasy Throwdown challenge is easy and the draft is flexible. If you want to draft in minutes with a friend, you can do that online together. If you don’t have a lot of time in one sitting you can start a challenge any day of the week and slowly pick a starting lineup before opening kickoff on Sunday.
Some folks are playing dozens of times per week as drafts take as little as 10-15 minutes when both parties are online. Others enjoy knowing they can draft over the course of a week if they don’t have the time to finish a game in one sitting.
1. Register. Create a username and password by pressing the big red Register button. Once you log in, you'll be directed to your My Throwdown page.
2. My Throwdown. This is your main page that shows game notifications (actions required for current challenges), friends list including their online status and a link to edit your settings. Click the red Issue a Challenge button to start a new challenge.
3. Issue a Challenge. There are two types of challenges. Public challenges are posted in the Lobby and open for anyone registered to accept. Private challenges require an email address or a username from your friends list.
When you issue a challenge you also choose the NFL week, lineup format and scoring rules. Once the person accepts your challenge, you and your opponent choose the draft order and select the three NFL games for the week to determine the player pool for your draft. Choose wisely, because your opponent can remove one player from the draft pool that you can’t use (a.k.a., the Block).
Draft either as a live draft if your opponent is online, or slow draft with email notifications. Make sure to finish the draft before kickoff of the first of the three NFL games in your challenge.
4. Draft. The draft room displays a summary of the challenge: lineup requirements, scoring rules, and positions each team still has to pick. Note the check box that allows you to receive email notifications. You can also chat with your opponent if they are on your friends list.
You can filter available players by team and position, or search by name. Select a player from the list and click Submit Changes to confirm your pick. You can pre-draft a few players at a time for one or more of your upcoming picks to help keep the draft moving.
5. Did you win? Enjoy the NFL games and Fantasy Throwdown will tally the scores. You will receive an email with the game results of your challenge after the completion of that day's NFL games. The results are also updated online in your Game Manager. If all three NFL games for your challenge are complete, then a winner and loser is declared, and your record and Leaderboard ranking is updated accordingly. Good luck!
Thank you for checking out and hopefully trying Fantasy Throwdown. We’ve hosted thousands of drafts and people are really embracing this new way to play fantasy football.
If you prefer a private challenge to a public challenge, but don't know who to challenge, register and issue a private challenge to Mike (firstname.lastname@example.org). We'd also love to hear your feedback about the game.
“Throw down” and let’s see what you've got.