The end of football season is near! No wait, lets be positive about this. The NFL Playoffs and Super Bowl are almost here, and our NFL Playoffs Challenge is back (last year)!
Sign up to play and receive specially marked Fantasy Throwdown challenges each week of the NFL Playoffs, including the Super Bowl, to be played against an independent Throwdown admin player.
Contestants earn points for wins, plus bonus points for margins of victory and for drafting the eventual Super Bowl MVP. Standings are tabulated after each week of the playoffs, and the overall winners are declared after the conclusion of Super Bowl XLIX.
It is $20 per entry, and we are capping the contest at only 20 entries, so don’t miss your chance to join! Read below for full rules and details.
|NFL Playoffs Challenge, $20||atcdav, Cacciatorini x2, Doclate, gtrain, jeffNFL, laoch, Luxuriousdusti, mikemar, puntacanapeo, rhazes_darkk, sguile x2, thunder, tinmac, tshnide x2, WeilCats x2, Wilforkisland||1st: $150|
* First three weeks of the NFL Playoffs. There is no weekly prize for the Super Bowl.
Format and Rules
- Sign up by purchasing an entry in the NFL Playoffs Challenge. One entry is $20, and members can purchase multiple entries.
- Once the playoff schedule is known after the conclusion of Week 17, each contestant receives two official Fantasy Throwdown challenges marked “PC” (Playoffs Challenge) for Wild-Card Weekend.
- Contestants need to accept the challenges and finish their drafts against a representative from Fantasy Throwdown the week leading up to the Wild-Card Weekend games.
- Once results are in after the last game on Sunday, points are awarded for wins, and standings are tabulated for the Playoffs Challenge.
- Contestants earn 2 points for a win, plus a half point bonus if they win by 21 or more points. There is potential for an additional half point bonus awarded for drafting the eventual Super Bowl MVP.
- All contestants each receive another two Fantasy Throwdown challenges for Divisional Playoffs, and two for Conference Championships. Points are awarded and standings updated each week.
- All contestants each receive one Fantasy Throwdown challenge for Super Bowl. All available points are doubled for Super Bowl (4 points for a win, 1 point for a win by 21+, 1 point for drafting the Super Bowl MVP).
- Final overall standings after the conclusion of the Super Bowl determine our overall contest winners. There is also a weekly prize for the best single week performance (all games played for one entry) after each round of the first three weeks of the playoffs (no weekly prize for the Super Bowl).
Lineups and Scoring
|WC Game 1||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O+, 0 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|WC Game 2||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|DP Game 1||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O+, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|DP Game 2||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O, 0 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|CC Game 1||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O, 0 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|CC Game 2||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|SB||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 0 Block|
WC = Wild-Card; DP = Divisional; CC = Conference Championship; SB = Super Bowl
O+ = Flex QB/RB/WR/TE; O = Flex RB/WR/TE
Standard performance + 1 PPR
1st Place: $150
2nd Place: $75
3rd Place: $50
4th Place: $30
5th Place: $20
Weekly Prize ( each of 3 weeks )
1st Place: $25
NFL Playoffs Challenge winners (1st through 6th) also receive a special icon and achievement bonus points of 15, 12.5, 10, 7.5, 5 and 2.5 respectively, towards their Leaderboard ranking.
$20 per entry
This contest is capped at a maximum of 20 entries. Contestants can purchase multiple entries to help increase their chances of winning.
Contest Entry Deadline
Wild-Card Weekend games start Saturday January 3rd. The deadline to join the NFL Playoffs Challenge is Friday January 2nd at 12:00pm Eastern, to help ensure drafts are finished prior to opening kickoff of the first playoff game.
If a contestant fails to accept and sufficiently complete their draft (at least 7 picks made) prior to Friday at 6:00pm Eastern of that week’s games, then Fantasy Throwdown cannot guarantee the draft will be finished before opening kickoff of that playoff week. An incomplete draft will expire, and no points awarded to the contestant for that match.
In the event contestants are tied in the standings based on points earned, the first tie-breaker is overall point differential. The second tie-breaker is point differential for the Super Bowl.
Contestants can purchase multiple entries. These will be marked PC1 (first entry), PC2, (second entry), PC3 (third), etc., etc. Contestants cannot combine PC1 results from one week with PC2 results from another week, for example. Each entry must be tracked separately.
This is our last Fantasy Throwdown event of the season, and perhaps your only chance to play fantasy football for the Super Bowl! Sign up today so you don’t miss out. Good luck!