Week 11 T-Day Challenge Update
Busy week. Fun week. Let’s keep this update short(ish) because I know many of you are travelling for the holidays or getting fired up for turkey (or short ribs), football, and maybe some shopping.
Turkey Day Competition
It is rolling along nicely. Did you miss the note about this? Check the post from Monday with all the details. Here are my comments from what we’ve seen so far:
- All three Thursday games must be selected for it to be a qualifying T-Day challenge. There isn’t an explicit option for that, so try communicating with your opponent via the message box on the challenge issue/accept page to see if they want to do a T-Day only challenge or not.
- We’ve hit 115 qualifying T-Day challenges as of this morning. Nice job, everyone!
- I haven’t seen any questions about who are the “mystery” players for individual achievements #12, #14 and #16. Perhaps they were too easy. I’ve seen a lot of #14 drafted, many #16 and not so much #12.
- Is anyone going to hit all 17 individual achievements? The ones about drafting bench players, #7 and #8, are tough. DLFootball and I had to specifically agree in advance to each draft three bench players. Come on, Titus Young. This may help us win group award #3.
- No one has emailed me an organized round robin for group award #1. I will try to find the biggest group amongst all the T-Day challenges – and I’m up to four as soon as I kick Matt’s ass – but it isn’t easy to figure out from reviewing all of the challenges, so let me know if you’ve got a group of four, five or more.
- I’m going to add a bonus 5 points to the one Throwdown player who scores points for the most different achievements and awards. I may draft Torrey Smith later just in case he ends up being the player with the longest TD catch on Thursday. Hmm… I guess that means I should draft Flacco too. Not sure I like that part.
I may be longer than usual sending out the game results and tabulating the stats from Thursday, with all of the extra stuff to figure out, not to mention trying to do it under the combined beer-tryptophan-more beer influence. Our stat provider may suffer from the same issue too, in which case I’ll really be stuck.
In other Fantasy Throwdown news and notes, we have some exciting announcements on the horizon, but let’s leave those until next week. For now, enjoy the holiday, and remember, if you’re looking for something to put your in-laws in their place, challenge them to a game of Fantasy Throwdown!
Happy Thanksgiving and good luck this week!