NFL Playoffs Challenge Rules, Prizes
Strict Standards: call_user_func_array() expects parameter 1 to be a valid callback, non-static method allow_php_in_posts::shortcode_advanced() should not be called statically in /home/fantasy/public_html/news/wp-includes/plugin.php on line 192
Strict Standards: Non-static method allow_php_in_posts::option_get() should not be called statically in /home/fantasy/public_html/news/wp-content/plugins/allow-php-in-posts-and-pages/allowphp.php on line 396
Weeks 16 and 17 of the NFL season does not need to signify the end of fantasy football for another year! Instead, it highlights the fact that Fantasy Throwdown keeps on rolling right through the NFL Playoffs including the Super Bowl!
We are already hearing non-stop playoff scenario talk heading into the final weeks of the regular season, but that is okay, because . . .
What is our NFL Playoffs Challenge? This is different than the prior years. Here goes:
Format and Rules
- Sign up by purchasing an entry in the NFL Playoffs Challenge. One entry is $20, and members can purchase multiple entries.
- Once the playoff schedule is known after the conclusion of Week 17, each contestant receives two official Fantasy Throwdown challenges marked “PC” (Playoffs Challenge) for Wild-Card Weekend.
- Contestants need to accept the challenges and finish their drafts against a representative from Fantasy Throwdown the week leading up to the Wild-Card Weekend games.
- Once results are in after the last game on Sunday, points are awarded for wins, and standings are tabulated for the Playoffs Challenge.
- Contestants earn 2 points for a win, plus a half point bonus if they win by 21 or more points. There is potential for an additional half point bonus awarded for drafting the eventual Super Bowl MVP.
- All contestants each receive another two Fantasy Throwdown challenges for Divisional Playoffs, and two for Conference Championships. Points are awarded and standings updated each week.
- All contestants each receive one Fantasy Throwdown challenge for Super Bowl. All available points are doubled for Super Bowl (4 points for a win, 1 point for a win by 21+, 1 point for drafting the Super Bowl MVP).
- Final overall standings after the conclusion of the Super Bowl determine our overall contest winners. There is also a weekly prize for the best single week performance (all games played for one entry) after each round of the playoffs.
|WC Game 1||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O+, 0 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|WC Game 2||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|DP Game 1||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O+, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|DP Game 2||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O, 0 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|CC Game 1||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 O, 0 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|CC Game 2||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 1 Block|
|SB||1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF, 0 Block|
WC = Wild-Card; DP = Divisional; CC = Conference Championship; SB = Super Bowl
O+ = Flex QB/RB/WR/TE; O = Flex RB/WR/TE
Scoring: Standard performance + 1 PPR
1st Place: $300
2nd Place: $150
3rd Place: $75
4th Place: $40
5th Place: $40
Weekly Prize ( each of 4 weeks )
1st Place: $50
$20 per entry
This contest is capped at a maximum of 50 entries. Contestants can purchase multiple entries to help increase their chances of winning.
Contest Entry Deadline
Wild-Card Weekend games start Saturday January 4th. The deadline to join the NFL Playoffs Challenge is Friday January 3rd at 6:00pm Eastern, to help ensure drafts are finished prior to opening kickoff of the first playoff game.
If a contestant fails to accept and sufficiently complete their draft (at least 7 picks made) prior to Friday at 6:00pm Eastern of that week’s games, then Fantasy Throwdown cannot guarantee the draft will be finished before opening kickoff of that playoff week. An incomplete draft will expire, and no points awarded to the contestant for that match.
In the event contestants are tied in the standings based on points earned, the first tie-breaker is overall point differential. The second tie-breaker is point differential for the Super Bowl.
Contestants can purchase multiple entries. These will be marked PC1 (first entry), PC2, (second entry), PC3 (third), etc., etc. Contestants cannot combine PC1 results from one week with PC2 results from another week, for example. Each entry must be tracked separately.
I hope you decide to join us in this contest to wrap up a great season of fantasy football at Fantasy Throwdown. Sign up early so you don’t miss out. Good luck!